Born in Hiroshima, 1979.
1998 – 2002 Kyoto City University of Art, KYOTO
Bachelor Degree majoring in Ceramics
- Gallery Utsuwakan, KYOTO
- SAVOIR VIVRE, TOKYO
- Gallery Utsuwakan, KYOTO, December 2012
- SAVOIR VIVRE, TOKYO, August 2012
- Hagi no An, TOKUSHIMA, March 2012
- SAVOIR VIVRE, TOKYO, March 2011
- Gallery Utsuwakan, KYOTO, December 2010
- SAVOIR VIVRE, TOKYO, July 2009
- Gallery Utsuwakan, KYOTO, February 2009
- Human + Art Taiyo-Jimu, KYOTO, October 2008
- SAVOIR VIVRE, TOKYO, May 2008
- SAVOIR VIVRE, TOKYO, April 2007
- Utsuwa shop BON.2, KYOTO, April 2006
- Takashimaya (Art and Craft Salon), KYOTO, February 2004
- The Musee Tomo Prize, Biennale of Contemporary Utensils for Tea Ceremony 2012, Prize
- 26th Asahi Modern Craft Exhibition 2008, Judge’s Encouragement Award
- 2004 Takaoka Crafts Exhibition, Prize
- 1st Crafts Competition of New Ceramics of Kyoto 2002, Tachikichi, Award for excellence
- Kyoto City University of Art, Graduation Award 2002, Kyoto City Mayor’s Award
- Inclusion in ‘Artists we love’ on the homepage of the Australian Chapter of the Ueda Sōko Tradition of Japanese Tea Ceremony, November 2011http://www.uedaryumelb.com/artist-we-love/aki-katayama
- Interview in “The Original Vessels of the ‘New Kyoto’”, Katei-gahou, April 2011, Sekaibunka-sha Co., Ltd.
- “Vessels Now”, Artist Introduction, Amakara Techo, March 2011, Create-Kansai Co., Ltd.
- Demonstration “Creating with Bellows” (clay plate), October 2008, Tsukuru-Toujiro, Futabasha Co., Ltd.
- Ceramic artist selection “Up and Coming Artists”, February 2008, Honou-Geijutsu, no.93, 2008, Abe Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Demonstration “Nerikomi(rubbing) and Zougan (inlay) techniques”, December 2006, Tsukuru-Toujiro 37, 2006, Futabasha Co., Ltd.